The Aerial Hoop, also known as Lyra, is a circus apparatus used to perform beautiful movements and shapes in the air. Our Lyras are perfect for everyone from beginners to professionals - they are hollow, black powder coated stainless steel. Our aerial hoops are usually available in single point and double point configurations.
Which is better, a single point or double point hoop?
Whether you select a single or double point hoop depends on how you are going to use your aerial hoop. Keep in mind:
- Single point hoops tend to rotate a lot more, but they can be rigged in smaller spaces.
- The rotation of single point hoops allow for additional moves
- Double point hoops allow you to perform moves that tip forward and back with a smaller amount of lateral movement.
- Double point hoops allow less overall movement. They also allow for an extra range of poses to be performed on the top bar. However, due to the method of rigging they do take up more vertical space
- Double point hoops can be rigged from a single point instead of both point, effectively meaning they can act as a Single, or a Double point hoop!
What is the difference between Pro and Sport?
The thickness difference between the Sport and Pro hoops is 9mm. If you are used to practicing on pole or other bar gymnastics equipment, or if you have larger hands, you may have a preference for a wider grip. The Pro (25mm) is the industry standard size, and the Sport (34mm) is a little thicker.